Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's raining it's pouring!

As a child growing up in the great northwest (Seattle area) I can remember many a Halloween were we put on our warm coats and gathered our umbrellas to go trick or treating. Come rain or come shine, we always went out. It looks like Robby will be cherishing moments like these as well.

It stayed fairly dry throughout the day as we went to Trader Joe's to pick out our pumpkins. Robby did not care for the large pumpkins (which he calls apples), rather he preferred the small, manageable baking pumpkin. Once home we began to prepare for a short, yet fun time of trick or treating. Robby and Daddy colored his treat bag, while I prepared his farmer costume. About a half hour before going out, I decided to get Robby dressed. All was going well until I tried to put his overalls on. Apparently the stuffed pig I pinned to his overalls was a huge nuisance to him. Robby cried, yanked, and tugged on that pig, but it would not come off! Rather than take the pig off, and ruin his costume, I did what I said I would never do...bribed him with candy! Once the lollipop was in his mouth, he seemed to forget the pig. After that ordeal, we were ready to go trick or treating. The moment we stepped out the door the rain began to fall. It went from light drops to pouring in a matter of seconds. With only one measly umbrella found we made our way to the neighbor's house. I went with for the first house, but then Bobby being the great daddy that he is, took Robby to the other four houses all the while getting soaked to the bone. Out of the five houses Robby visited only two of them proved fruitful! Once we finished at home he hopped into the car to go to Nona and Poppy's house. Of course he was a hit with them and got lots of candy. Bobby and I changed our clothes and had a nice dinner and evening with family. Robby enjoyed going to the door to see the trick or treaters until one child came to the door dressed as Homer Simpson. He ran away crying and every time the doorbell rang after that he got this terrified look on his face and clung to me. It was a nice evening spent with family and enjoying candy!











No comments: