Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The trip we will not soon forget!

A couple of weeks ago, Robby and I made a trip to MN to visit my new niece Lily and to see my mom and sisters. We had a great time catching up and spending precious time with Lily and Robby. It was so fun to hold Lily! I miss the days when Robby just slept in my arms and oh so tiny. I can't wait for Lily to be big enough to play with her cousin. Robby adored Lily and called her baby the entire time. He loved to hold her and give her kisses. Robby is going to be a good big brother some day (not hinting at anything:). Our trip was nice and relaxing, and we got to celebrate my mom's 61st birthday while we were there. On Monday night we were preparing to come home, when everything changed.
About 10pm I started to have some stomach pains, and by 12am the pain was unbearable. I finally woke my mom up at 2am. It got to the point that I said I needed to go to the ER. About 3:30 I arrived at the ER and had to wait till a room opened up. It was such a relief once the doctor saw me and gave me pain meds! After a CT scan I was admitted to the hospital and the surgeon recommended surgery (mind you I had just had laparoscopic surgery two weeks before!). So Tuesday morning, instead of flying home, I had surgery. I had my appendix removed and a cyst drained. I am so thankful my mom and two of my sisters were still there to help out with me and Robby. Fortunately, Bobby was able to fly out on Wednesday to stay for a couple of days and then fly home with us. Praise God for His perfect timing and provision!

Here are some pictures from our trip.

Waiting at the airport. He loved all the airplanes or as Robby says 'aldies.'


Drinking his veggie smoothie at Grandma's.
















No comments: