Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, October 11, 2010

Hannah is HERE!

On September 23, 2010 Hannah Elizabeth arrived at 5:59 pm weighing 6lbs 11 oz and 19 inches long! She is such a joy to have and we thanking the Lord for blessing us with another beautiful child. Robby loves being a big brother and is a wonderful helper to mommy:)
I meant to get on here before she arrived, but things went faster than I thought they would. When I went in for my ob appointment at 39 1/2 weeks, the midwife discussed my options. Since I had been so sick the last month of pregnancy, once the midwife brought up being induced, I wholeheartedly agreed! My appointment was on a Wednesday, and I originally thought I would be induced on Friday. The midwife called to tell me Friday was booked, but was I available Thursday, the next day. I said yes...we were ready to meet our little girl!
In the beginning, things were a little slow. But once my water was broken and I had the epidural labor progressed quickly. At 5 pm I was five cm and at 5:59 pm, Hannah was here! Words cannot accurately describe all the emotions you feel meeting your baby for the first time. Bobby and I were in love the moment we locked eyes on here (just as with Robby). She is a mellow baby and hardly ever cries. The most we here from her is a little squeak here and there.
When I get a chance I will try to post some pictures. Life is very busy with two little ones to care for, but we wouldn't want life any other way:)

2 comments:

The Budd's said...

So happy for the two of you and your ever growing family! Love you guys and can't wait to see you all in December :)

Jill said...

Woo Hoo!!! Yay, such happy news. I'm so glad all went well with Hannah's arrival. Hope you are getting some zzz's. Much love.